The gateway to MRI room safety
Every day at hospitals and health care facilities around the world, the safety of patients, technologists and medical personnel is put in danger when an MRI environment is accidentally violated by a seemingly innocent intrusion while a procedure is in progress.
When MRI warning signs fail, patients and technologists risk physical harm, while priceless equipment is jeopardized for damage or destruction by someone who unknowingly enters an unsecured or open MRI door. There is now a simple and effective way to diminish that risk: TechGate.
TechGate allows technologists to focus on the care of patients and efficient room turnaround rather than worrying about a potential intrusion. Easy to use and designed for the MRI environment, TechGate is deployed via remote control, providing an immediate physical restriction of access to all unauthorized individuals.
Modular robotic arms to provide a physical protective barrier that fits any door configuration or swing
Rapid, breakaway feature for emergency access
On-demand, secure remote control operation
Self-installed in minutes; plugs into standard electrical outlet
Brilliant LED warning signage
Customized messaging and color options
Intuitive, deployment safety sensors
Small door side footprint, 8.5” x 21”
Who Needs TechGate?
Many MRI environments are currently at risk for an adverse event. They include:
- Facilities with deficient ACR 4-zone layouts, common corridors leading into MRI rooms and CT/MRI room overlaps
- Complex-case environments where multi-functional staff is present, such as transportation staff, anesthesiologists and trauma team
- Staffing situations where technologists find themselves working alone in the suite
- Facilities where unauthorized visitors (such as family members) may directly or inadvertently access the MRI room
- Outpatient facilities where MRI technologists have expanded duties
- Environments where other types of MRI warning signs have failed